By Robin Hawdon
Performance dates: April 27 – May 19, 2018
Director: Anne Harper
AUDITIONS (and all rehearsals) will be held at the Village Playhouse, 2190E Bloor St. West (around the corner from Runnymede subway station) at the following dates and times:
- SATURDAY February 3 11 am to 4 pm
- SUNDAY February 4 11 am to 4 pm
- Callbacks (if necessary) TUESDAY February 6 7:15 to 9:00 pm
About the play:
The Groom awakes on the morning of his wedding in bed with another woman. Confusions and complications follow, but all ends happily, if not as originally planned!
NOTE: there is no actual nudity in the show but actors will be found wrapped in bedding, etc.
For more about the play, click HERE.
CHARACTERS (3 women; 2 men):
- Rachel (20s), the Bride – always in command
- Bill (20s), the Groom – rarely in command
- Tom (20s), the Best Man – solid, dependable
- Judy (20s), Tom’s girlfriend – attractive
- Julie (20s), a chambermaid – kooky, volatile
- Daphne (40s), Mother of the Bride – knows her own mind
PREPARATION: Please prepare a 2-minute comedic piece, and be prepared for a cold read from the play. If you are auditioning, you must read the play. A script is available upon request from the audition coordinator.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Sunday January 28, 2018
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Please email a copy of your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date, time, interested role(s), and contact information.
“If you get a chance to act in a room that somebody else has paid rent for, then you’re given a free chance to practice your craft.”
~ Philip Seymour Hoffman on auditioning
Take that chance – sign up to receive Village Players audition notices. You can get on our list by subscribing HERE.