ANYBODY FOR MURDER
By Brian Clemens & Dennis Spooner
Performance dates: November 2 to 24, 2018
Director: Anne Harper
AUDITIONS will be held at the Village Playhouse, 2190E Bloor St. West (around the corner from Runnymede subway station) at the following dates and times:
- Saturday, August 18: 10:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday, August 20: 6:30 to 10:00 pm
Callbacks (if necessary):
- Wednesday, August 22: from 6:30
REHEARSALS: Will be held at the Village Playhouse. First read: August 28 at 7-10 pm. Then rehearsals Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-10 pm, and Sundays 1-5 pm (except Tuesday, September 25 changed to Monday the 24th, and October 23 to 22.) And every night of tech week beginning Sunday, October 28 (full day on the 28th).
Max is planning to murder his wife Janet, collect her life insurance, and enjoy life with his girlfriend when Mary and George arrive on their Greek island with news: Mary and Janet are beneficiaries of a huge fortune. Plans and plots hatch, and soon everyone is bent on murder. All that stands in their way is the presence of a neighbor: crime writer Edgar Chambers. This thrilling comedy is by the writer of the television series The Avengers.
For more about the play, click HERE.
CHARACTERS (3 women; 3 men):
* (ages given are character ages, not actor’s ages)
- Janet Harrington: (his wife) 30-40, attractive, speaks with a lisp
- Suzy Stevens: 20s, sexy. Having an affair with Max. Appears in a wet swimsuit from time to time.
- Mary Ticklewell: 35-55, imposing, bossy, very self-assured
- Max Harrington: 35-50, smooth, charming, devious, a womanizer
- Edgar Chambers: 35-55, a whodunit writer, eccentric and untidy
- George Ticklewell: 35-55, the original hen-pecked husband. Pompous
PREPARATION: Please prepare a 3-minute comedic audition piece, preferably with an English upper middle-class accent. You will also be asked to do cold readings from the script; please read the whole play before the audition. A script is available upon request from the audition coordinator.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Please email a copy of your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date, time, interested role(s), and contact information. Please also bring a hardcopy of your resume and headshot (photocopy is fine) to your audition.
“If you get a chance to act in a room that somebody else has paid rent for, then you’re given a free chance to practice your craft.”
~ Philip Seymour Hoffman on auditioning
Take that chance – sign up to receive Village Players audition notices. You can get on our list by subscribing HERE.