A directed, rehearsed ZOOM production
Written and Directed by Liz Best
Producer: Bill Hammond
Live ZOOM Reading: 3 shows – Friday, Feb 18 – Sunday, Feb 20, 2022
(Non-union, non-paying. We are unable to cast full equity or ACTRA members.)
AUDITIONS will be held on Zoom at the following dates and times:
- Friday, Jan 21: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday, Jan 22: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Sunday, Jan 23: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES will be held on Zoom. Rehearsals will generally be two hours in duration, Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons, but are flexible depending on actor availability. The first rehearsal will be on Thursday, January 27, at 7:00pm. Actors must be available for Performance Week, from Tuesday, February 15 through to Sunday, February 20.
It’s been a long time coming but Elaine and David have sold the family home and are moments away from becoming empty nesters. Their three children are almost settled, Grandma Rose is moving to a retirement home and they’re about to start the next chapter of their lives. But what happens when one parent is more ready to move than the other? What happens when the kids want to remain kids? And where does Grandma Rose keep disappearing to? Nested begs to ask – Do kids ever really grow up and is parenting ever really finished?
- Elaine Richardson – 50’s/early 60’s. Mother of three. Organized, efficient and seemingly unsentimental.
- David Richardson – 50’s/early 60’s. Elaine’s husband. Happy. The yin to Elaine’s yang.
- Michael Richardson – 20’s. The youngest. Procrastinator and sometimes trouble-maker. He’s invariably eating something.
- Lorie Richardson – 20’s. The middle child. Dramatic and attention-seeking.
- Blaine Richardson – 20’s. The eldest. Soon to be married. The “responsible” one.
- Rose Robinson – 80’s. Elaine’s mother. Walking encyclopedia of the Royal family. Quirky. Lots of secrets.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date(s), time(s), and interested role(s). Once we receive and confirm your details, you will receive a zoom link via email no later than one day before your audition appointment along with the Sides you will be asked to read. A copy of the script is also available upon request.
“If you get a chance to act in a room that somebody else has paid rent for, then you’re given a free chance to practice your craft.”
~ Philip Seymour Hoffman on auditioning
Take that chance – sign up to receive Village Players audition notices. You can get on our list by subscribing HERE.