by Eric Chappell
Performance dates: September 8 to 30, 2017
Director: Aaron Marcus
AUDITIONS will be held at the Village Playhouse, 2190 Bloor St. West (around the corner from Runnymede subway station) at the following times:
- Saturday June 10th 10am to 4pm
- Monday June 12th 7 to 10pm
- Callbacks (if necessary): Wednesday June 14th, 7 to 9 pm
NOTE: All Rehearsals & Performances are at 2190 Bloor St. West
About the play: Imagine returning from a pleasant anniversary celebration to find that your house has been burgled. In this witty thriller, the culprit is not whom he first seems to be. Unmasked as the thief, Spriggs reveals that he knows a number of uncomfortable truths that disrupt two seemingly happy marriages and one formerly strong friendship.
CHARACTERS (ages refer to characters, not actors – and are approximate):
- TREVOR – Late 40s, average build, deferential, cautious, ineffectual, cheap
- JOHN– Late 40s, taller and more imposing than Trevor, makes his own rules, quick-tempered, controlling, egocentric
- JENNIE– Younger than Trevor, ambitious
- BARBARA– Older than Jennie, intelligent, frustrated, drinks a bit
- SPRIGGS– About 50, unimposing, quick-witted, devious, social commentator.
British accents required for all. Cockney or other working class accent might be helpful for Spriggs
For more about THEFT, see HERE
PREPARATION: Please prepare a 2-minute contemporary monologue and please be familiar with the play since there will be readings from the script. A hardcopy of the script will be available at the desk of the 5th floor of The Toronto Reference Library. A script is available upon request.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Please email a copy of your headshot and resume to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date, time, interested role(s), and contact information.
“If you get a chance to act in a room that somebody else has paid rent for, then you’re given a free chance to practice your craft.”
~ Philip Seymour Hoffman on auditioning
Take that chance – sign up to receive Village Players audition notices. You can get on our list by emailing email@example.com