Statement on Covid-19 as of March 15 at 1:30 am
Having closely monitored the evolving coronavirus situation, the Board of Directors of Bloor West Village Players has decided to cancel the final week of GOOD PEOPLE, by David Lindsay-Abaire – March 19, 20, and 21. The final performance will be Sunday March 15 at 2:00 pm. We regret the decision, but the safety of our theatergoers and volunteers is our highest priority.
To make our final performance a safe one:
Village Players will continue to take measures to ensure the health of audiences and volunteers, including:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the public and backstage areas of the theatre including door handles, arm rests, and service counters.
- Front of House volunteers may be wearing gloves when handling tickets, programs and money.
- Proper hand washing techniques are posted in all washrooms.
- Volunteers who are feeling unwell are being asked to stay at home.
- We will communicate proactively with our customers should there be any updates in the situation.
How can you help?
Toronto Public Health recommends the following preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- If you are feeling unwell or have recently travelled to a region affected by COVID-19, we kindly ask that you consider not attending the final performance.
We will publish our policy on unused tickets for subscribers and online purchasers within the next week. Please keep an eye on our web site and social media feeds for updates or contact the box office at 416-767-7702.