Snapshot of Village Players COVID-19 Safety Plan for Patrons
September 22, 2021
The comfort and safety of our patrons and volunteers is top of mind as we reopen our theatre. We hope that your Village Players theatre experience is as enjoyable as ever, but the pandemic means a number of changes, which we have addressed to increase your comfort and sense of security.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY INCLUDES:
- Theatre capacity limited to 1/3 to ensure safe gaps between your seats and others.
- Pre-assigned seating only. Advance ticket purchases will reserve seats. Unfortunately, reservations that are not paid for cannot be guaranteed due to limited capacity.
- Doors closed until 45 minutes before show time to prevent congestion in the lobby.
- Masks must be worn by everyone the whole time you are in the theatre. We regret we are unable to accommodate mask-exempt people in the theatre.
- Patrons and volunteers must bring their final full vaccination receipt (from at least two weeks prior) as well as matching ID including date of birth.
- COVID-19 and vaccination screening will take place upon arrival at top of theatre steps.
- If you are sick, please DO NOT come to the theatre, and if you come down with COVID after attending a show, please tell us so we can encourage other patrons to get tested.
- Refunds or rescheduling of your ticket will be offered as required.
- Village Players has updated ventilation to bring in fresh air from outside, with UVC purification, designed for hospitals, to kill airborne viruses.
- Enhanced cleaning with frequent sanitizing of high-touch surfaces across the theatre.
- Physical distancing supported through signage plus the guidance of volunteers. Please follow the ushers’ instructions and remain seated after the show until invited to leave.
- There will be no intermission, refreshment sales, or lobby coat rack, but you can bring your own water and place coats and other belongings on seats marked unavailable.
- To support our ability to keep you safe, please ensure we have a valid phone number and/or email address on file so that we can keep you informed as our protocols evolve as required.
We look forward to celebrating live theatre together. Thank you for supporting our efforts to keep patrons and volunteers safe at all times. Stay tuned here for our latest updates.