Village Players COVID-19 Safety Plan for Patrons
Updated August 18, 2022
The comfort and safety of our patrons and volunteers remains top of mind even as pandemic regulations have been removed. In common with other theatres, we are being guided by our patrons and volunteers in adopting a prudent return to business-as-usual.
We are applying the following COVID policies and practices to all performances of our 2022-23 49th season:
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY INCLUDES:
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone the whole time you are in the theatre. We regret we are unable to accommodate mask-exempt people in the theatre.
- All patrons must self-screen at entry to the theatre. Please do not attend a performance if you are feeling sick, or have not tested negative since exposure to a case of COVID – when a cast member catches COVID, we lose a significant number of performances. Please contact us instead to reschedule or request a refund.
- We highly recommend that patrons be vaccinated, but we are no longer checking vaccination status on entry. However, we still check the vaccination of everyone working on the show and require they self-screen at entry.
- We have installed updated Air Conditioning with ventilation that brings in fresh air from outside, along with UVC purification, designed for hospitals, to kill viruses in the air.
- We still offer some shows at a maximum of 50% capacity. At these shows, we ask patrons to leave a gap between groups (on which you may place bags and coats).
- To ensure adequate distance from the actors, the front row of seats will not be used.
- We maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule throughout the theatre.
- Refreshments will be sold in the lobby before the show and at intermission. You may temporarily remove your mask to consume these, and may bring bottled water with you into the auditorium.
To support our ability to keep you safe, please ensure we have a valid phone number and/or email address on file so that we can keep you informed as our protocols evolve as required.
We look forward to celebrating live theatre together. Thank you for supporting our efforts to keep patrons and volunteers safe at all times. For our latest updates, visit villageplayers.net.