Village Players COVID-19 Safety Plan for Volunteers
Up to date as of August 18, 2022.
In addition to the safety protocols outlined for patrons:
- We want you to feel safe and secure in volunteering with your theatre. If you have any questions or concerns, please raise them with the Producer of the show on which you are working and please remember that volunteering is voluntary!
- You must self-screen with the usual COVID safety questions upon arrival at the theatre. Please answer honestly, and please don’t show up (but let us know) if you don’t feel well.
- You must produce your evidence of double vaccination, unless we are satisfied we have checked this already. We regret that for the safety of others we cannot accommodate the vaccination-exempt.
- We encourage you to obtain booster shots per government health advice, remembering they take two weeks to take effect.
- You will be required to sign-in at the Box Office upon arrival and on leaving. Signing-in confirms that you are adhering to COVID-safety protocols and gives us a record of who has been in/when in case we need to perform contact tracing.
- Please get tested if you have COVID symptoms, live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive. If you test positive, please let us know, including any information you have as to when you became infected. We will look after notifying anyone with whom you may have been in contact at the theatre – and would like your permission to identify from whom they may have caught it (but we won’t tell them without that permission). We will also tell you when it will be safe to return to the theatre.
- You must wear a mask at all times while in the theatre, except if working alone, at least 2 metres from anyone, or are an actor performing or rehearsing on stage. For the safety and comfort of others, we regret we are unable to accommodate the mask-exempt.
- Please maintain physical distancing indoors, wherever possible. If you are uncomfortable with being asked to work with anyone closer than 2 metres, please talk to your Producer.
- You may bring drinks and snacks into the theatre, but please ensure you maintain physical distancing while eating or drinking.
- Please assist your Producer and Stage Manager as asked with cleaning up and sanitizing high-touch equipment and surfaces.
- We will need to enforce call-times strictly this season, and there will be additional training required for some roles – in particular for Front of House. Please be on time.
If there is something you think we could do better to assure safety, please let us know!