Snapshot of Village Players COVID-19 Safety Plan for Volunteers
In addition to the safety protocols outlined for patrons:
- We want you to feel safe and secure in volunteering with your theatre. If you have any questions or concerns, please raise them with the Producer of the show on which you are working and please remember that volunteering is voluntary!
- You will be screened with the usual COVID safety questions upon arrival at the theatre. Please answer honestly, and please don’t even show up (but let us know) if you don’t feel well (and if it might be COVID, please get tested).
- You must produce your evidence of full vaccination, unless we are satisfied we have checked this already. We regret that for the safety of others we cannot accommodate the vaccination-exempt.
- You will be required to sign-in at the Box Office upon arrival and on leaving. Signing-in confirms that you are adhering to COVID-safety protocols and gives us a record of who has been in/when in case we need to perform contact tracing.
- If you test positive for COVID, please let us know, including any information you have as to when you became infected. We will look after notifying anyone with whom you may have been in contact at the theatre – and would like your permission to identify from whom they may have caught it (but we won’t tell them without that permission).
- You must wear a mask at all times while in the theatre, except if working alone, at least 2 metres from anyone (or where anyone might go), or are an actor performing or rehearsing on stage. If you are mask-exempt, please discuss with your Producer to see if they can accommodate you – but for the safety and comfort of others it is most likely they will not be able to.
- Please maintain 2 metre physical distancing indoors, wherever possible. If you are uncomfortable with being asked to work with anyone closer than 2 metres, please let your Producer know.
- You may bring drinks and snacks into the theatre with you, and eat with others, – but we recommend doing this only in a well-ventilated space.
- City of Toronto guidelines require strict cleaning protocols, so please assist your Producer and Stage Manager, etc. as asked with cleaning up and sanitizing all high-touch equipment and surfaces.
- We will need to enforce call-times strictly this season, and there will be additional training required for some roles – in particular for Front of House. Please be on time.
We want you to enjoy your time volunteering with the Village Players – and part of that is feeling safe and secure. If you have any questions, please feel free to consult the full COVID Safety Plan which is on our website, and please feel free to discuss with any Board member.
Finally, if there is something you think we could do better to assure safety, please let us know!
November 23, 2021